The Services are intended to allow you to share your information and allow others to find you. By default, your account is set up to share the information we find most students want to share. This information can be accessed by education institutions, businesses, companies, mentors, individuals or organizations who post to the Services, and individuals you allow to view your student profile (“Users”). Certain aspects of the Services, such as featuring top students on our homepage, will publish your information to the general public and may appear in public search engines. If you do not want your information to be publically available, then do not post it on your account.
Road2 is committed to protecting your privacy, and strives to provide a safe, secure user experience. This Policy describes how we collect and use online data, including Road2’s compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”).
While Road2 takes steps to safeguard your information, Road2 has no control over how third parties may use the information you share while using our Services. Road2 also has no control over public search engines, data crawlers and data scrapers on how your information may be collected and displayed on these sites.
Road2 may provide links to advertisements or third party websites that may be of interest to Road2 Users. Road2 may receive payment for information collected by such third parties via these links. Following these links and submitting any information to these third parties is completely up to you. These third party websites are governed by their own terms and conditions and privacy policies. Road2 encourages you to review the terms and policies of any third party website you visit before disclosing any information.
Road2 will notify you if this Policy is updated. The most recent version of this Policy will be posted here, so we encourage you to check back often. You may close your account at any time if you do not agree to our revised Policy.
2) What Information We Collect
Road2 collects the following categories and types of information about you when you use the Services:
- Identifiers such as your name, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, telephone number or other similar identifiers.
- Other categories of information that may be defined as personal information under state or federal law, including your age, gender, race, ethnicity, or other personally identifiable information you choose to provide.
- Credit card number and billing information (for services requiring payment).
- Information about your education, occupation, employment history, skills and experience, awards, memberships and affiliations, activities and interests.
- Information imported by you or your connections from Third Party Services.
- Information about third parties, such as references or contacts, that you provide to us. We assume you have their express written consent to do so.
- A photo, video, or audio file containing your image or voice, if you choose to provide it.
- A persistent identifier (such as a “cookie,” device or processor serial number, or an IP address).
- Information about how you use the Services, including browsing and search history and how you interact with ads or campaigns provided through the Services.
- Information about your computer or mobile device, including your physical location, browser and operating system type, and referring URLs.
- Inferences drawn from any of the information describe in this Section 2 to create a profile about you and your preferences.
3) How We Collect Your Information
3.2. Profile Information. Once you register, you may provide additional information to your Road2 Profile such as your skills, professional experiences, and educational background. The amount of information you decide to share is entirely up to you.
3.3. Customer Service. We collect information about you when you interact with Road2’s Customer Service website in an effort to respond to your inquiries.
3.4. Cookies, Advertising, and Web Beacons. Road2 collects information about you when you use the Services. For example, Road2 knows when you click on ads, upload your address book, join groups, participate in polls, install a mobile application, share articles, or use your account to log in to a third-party website or application. If you visit a third-party site that embeds Road2 professional plugins, like “Share on Road2,” while you are logged into your account, we will collect information about the pages you loaded in your web browser.
In the course of serving advertisements or optimizing the Services, Road2 may allow authorized third parties to place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. Any information provided to third parties through cookies will not be personally identifiable but may provide general segment information (e.g., your industry or geography, career field, or information about your professional or educational background). Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. Road2 does not store unencrypted personally identifiable information in the cookies.
To support the Services we provide at no cost, as well as to provide a more relevant and useful experience, Road2 uses ad technology such as web beacons, pixels, anonymous ad network tags, ad networks and cookies. We use these tools to collect anonymized data, aggregated auditing, research and reporting for advertisers. Because your web browser requests advertisements and web beacons directly from ad network servers, these networks can view, edit or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site. You may opt-out of ads served to you off Road2, by turning off “Advertising Preferences.”
4) How We Use & Share Your Information
Sharing your information is inherent in Road2’s services. Road2 will share your information with employers, colleges, and universities for various recruitment activities. Road2 may also publish your information on our homepage or through other features on our website, which could make your information visible to the general public. Road2 does not control how third parties use your data.
By registering an account, you agree to Road2 using your information in the following ways:
- to create a profile for you based on information that you have provided or imported from other sites, applications, or third parties;
- to share your information with other Users;
- to feature your information on our homepage or through other aspects of our website which are visible to the general public;
- to provide personalized, targeted, or location-based content, services, and advertising from Road2 and third parties;
- to allow you to contact other Users or to invite others to join or create an account;
- to allow you to import information about yourself or your contacts from other sites or applications or to export your information to other sites or applications;
- to make purchases;
- to contact you about feature updates, informational and service-related communications, including important security updates;
- to provide you with additional communications, information, and promotions such as newsletters and career advice;
- to inform you of other products or services available from Road2 or its affiliates;
- to enable you to contact Road2 and for Road2 to contact you to conduct surveys, promotions and contests, and to publish the results thereof;
- to help your friends, contacts, schools and potential employers find your profile and connect with you;
- to provide information about you and your potential interest in job postings to employer customers;
- to provide products and services to school and employer customers to complete the recruitment and hiring process;
- to provide products and services that enable you and other Users to network, post information on bulletin boards, and view and compare profiles;
- to generate internal reports about the use of the Services;
- to allow you to share jobs and profile information with your connections;
- to give search engines access to public information;
- to provide recommendations to you concerning groups or organizations that may be of potential interest to you.
Road2 may provide aggregated anonymous data about the usage of the Services to third parties for purposes that we deem, in our sole discretion, to be appropriate, including to prospective advertisers on Road2. Road2 may also use third-party service providers to host the Services and store your data. These third-party service providers will have access to your data.
Sharing content and using third party integrations may result in your information being displayed outside of Road2. We may modify our Services to enhance its sharing capabilities, which could include integration with social media platforms. Such integration may enable you to share your information on multiple online platforms. Whether or not your information becomes publically available will depend on your privacy settings for these other platforms. So, we suggest you check your privacy settings before posting any information to those other platforms.
Road2 takes your privacy very seriously. Road2 does not sell or rent your personally identifiable information and will only share this information with third parties as described in this policy.
5) How We Store Information
Road2 will retain all the information gathered about you in an effort to make repeat use of our Services more efficient, practical and relevant. For some features, you can opt-out of this personalization. You may edit or delete content, or your entire profile, at any time by logging into your account and using the buttons located within each section of your profile. If you are unable to edit or delete content, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (855) 765-7836. Road2 does not guarantee that any edits or deletions will result in the complete and comprehensive removal of the content and your information may still appear in public search engines. Road2 cannot guarantee that messages you send to others or content shared by you that have been copied by other Users will be deleted. If you do not want content seen by other Road2 Users, or the general public, you should not post it.
In limited circumstances, Road2 may deny or limit your ability to edit or delete content if it would violate another person’s rights and/or as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
If you choose to close your account, Road2 will send you an email to confirm that your personal information has been deleted (except for an archival copy which is not accessible by you or third parties on the Internet). The archival copy is retained only for as long as needed for audit and record purposes and may include additional information related to your activity. Road2 may also choose to retain certain information for business purposes, such as the analysis of aggregated non-personally identifiable data or to prevent fraud or abuse of the Services.
If Road2 learns that an account holder is deceased, their account may be memorialized and functionality restricted. Accounts may also be closed upon receipt of proper legal notice or upon request by next of kin.
6) How We Protect Your Information
You must follow any policies made available to you within the Services.
Don't misuse our Services. For example, don't interfere with our Services or try to access them using a method other than the interface and the instructions that we provide. You may use our Services only as permitted by law, including applicable export and re-export control laws and regulations. We may suspend or stop providing our Services to you if you do not comply with our terms or policies or if we are investigating suspected misconduct.
Using our Services does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in our Services or the content you access. You may not use content from our Services unless you obtain permission from its owner or are otherwise permitted by law. These terms do not grant you the right to use any branding or logos used in our Services. Don't remove, obscure, or alter any legal notices displayed in or along with our Services.
7) Compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”)
8) Compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)
California residents have certain rights under the CCPA with respect to personal information that is collected, sold, and/or used for business purposes.
- Request for Information. The information you share with Road2 is always accessible through your user profile. However, you can also request a copy of your personal information and how it has been used and shared over the last 12 months directly from Road2. In particular, you have the right to request: (1) categories of personal information that have been collected; (2) the categories of sources of this personal information; (3) the business or commercial purpose for collecting the personal information; (4) categories of third parties with whom Road2 shares personal information; and (5) specific pieces of personal information that Road2 has collected about you.
- Deletion of Information. Road2 users can delete their personal information at any time by modifying their profile. You can also request that Road2 delete your personal information on your behalf at any time.
- Nondiscrimination. Road2 will not discriminate against any user that exercises their rights under CCPA. However, the Road2 services do depend on Road2’s ability to collect and share your personal information. So, the nature and quality of services Road2 provides to you will depend on Road2’s ability to collect and share this personal information.
- Requests for copies of personal information, or deletion of personal information, may be made using the contacts in Section 8 below.
As discussed above, Road2 does not sell any personal information. In the last 12 months, Road2 may have collected and/or disclosed your personal information to enable Road2 to provide the Services, including for the following business purposes:
- To detect security incidents and to protect the Road2 Services against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and prosecute those responsible.
- To troubleshoot, debug, or correct errors in the Services.
- For other short term or transient use where the personal information is not disclosed to a third party.
- To maintain user profiles, provide customer service, process analytics, and other similar services performed on behalf of Road2.
- For Road2’s own internal research and development purposes and to improve the quality, safety, and features Road2’s products and services.
- To audit interactions between users and transactions through the Services, including interactions with ads or campaigns provided through the Services.